10 Tips for Maintaining Beautiful Nails Between Manicure Appointments
A fresh manicure can make you feel polished and put-together, but keeping your nails looking beautiful can be a challenge between appointments. Here are 10 tips for maintaining beautiful nails between manicure appointments:
- Moisturise: Keeping your nails moisturised can help prevent dryness and breakage. Use a moisturising hand cream regularly to keep your nails and cuticles hydrated.
- Wear Gloves: Protect your hands and nails by wearing gloves when doing household chores, especially when using harsh chemicals or washing dishes.
- Don't Bite Your Nails: Biting your nails can damage the nail bed and cuticles, leading to uneven and brittle nails. Try to break the habit by keeping your hands busy with other things, like squeezing a stress ball or playing with a fidget toy.
- Use a Nail Strengthener: A nail strengthener can help strengthen weak or brittle nails, making them less likely to break or split.
- Avoid Harsh Nail Products: Some nail polish removers and other nail products contain harsh chemicals that can damage your nails. Look for products that are gentle and free from harmful ingredients.
- Keep Your Nails Trimmed: Keeping your nails trimmed and filed can prevent them from breaking or snagging on things.
- Apply Cuticle Oil: Applying cuticle oil regularly can help keep your cuticles soft and healthy.
- Protect Your Nails from Sun Damage: UV rays can damage your nails, causing them to become brittle and discoloured. Wear gloves or apply a nail-specific sunscreen when spending time in the sun.
- Avoid Hot Water: Hot water can dry out your nails and cuticles, making them more prone to breakage. Try to avoid soaking your nails in hot water for extended periods of time.
- Eat a Healthy Diet: A healthy diet can promote strong, healthy nails. Make sure to eat a balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals, like biotin and vitamin E.
Maintaining beautiful nails between manicure appointments takes a little effort, but with these tips, you can keep your nails looking healthy and beautiful. Remember to moisturise regularly, wear gloves when doing household chores, avoid biting your nails, use gentle products, keep your nails trimmed, apply cuticle oil, protect your nails from the sun, avoid hot water, and eat a healthy diet. By following these tips, you'll be on your way to beautiful, healthy nails.